Casper vs Leesa Mattress
Leesa and Casper mattresses are both part of the 'mattress in a box' revolution – providing reasonably priced mattresses with a range of modern features. Whilst these mattresses have similarities there are obviously differences as well! In this article we'll look at the two and discuss which one is best suited to your requirements.
Price and sizes
Casper and Leesa both come in a range of US sizes, with the largest option for both brands being a king. Prices are also fairly comparable between the two brands, with little difference between the two brands.
The two mattresses are constructed quite differently, with the Leesa having a latex foam layer; whist the Casper has poly foam. Both mattresses have memory foam layers and high-density support foam at their bases.
- Cover – A two-tone white and grey cover, which is 100% polyester on top and a blend of polyester and polypropylene on the sides.
- Top Layer – A 3cm layer of responsive and breathable poly foam, providing softness, cooling and bounce.
- Second Layer – A 3cm layer of memory foam, designed to provide support, pressure relief and body contouring for the mattress.
- Third Layer – A 3cm layer of transition poly foam to provide a transition from the top layers to the base foam.
- Bottom Layer – A 12cm of high-density support foam to provide a breathable foundation.
- Cover – A blend of polyester and lycra, woven with a special machine that makes it seamless.
Top Layer – A 5cm cooling Avena (latex) foam, which is both hypoallergenic and fire retardant.
Middle Layer – A 5cm memory foam layer for comfort and moulding to the body.
- Bottom Layer – A 15cm dense core support foam. This is the foundational layer for the mattress, helping it keep its shape.
The Casper mattress is 24cm deep, whilst the Leesa is 25cm.
Firmness, Comfort and Support
Both mattresses have a medium firmness rating, with the Casper perhaps being ever so slightly firmer. Let's look at the pros and cons of each mattress in this department.
- The Casper does a good job of keeping sleepers cool and comfortable, whilst still providing comfort.
- Softer top layers than some mattresses, meaning that there is a little more sinkage. Some sleepers will obviously prefer this!
- Good support in all sleeping positions, but has much softer edge support than many mattresses.
- Could feel unsupportive if you are of a heavier build.
- Moulds extremely well to each sleeper's unique body form, due to the Avena foam combined with pressure relieving memory foam.
- Feels extremely 'high end' and does a great job of providing support, comfort and ample pressure relief.
- Minimal sinkage from the Leesa, meaning that whilst you are always supported, you don't feel stuck in the mattress.
- One of the most breathable and cool foam mattresses on the market.
- Struggles a little with edge support, but this is fairly standard with any foam mattress.
Both mattresses offer a trial period of 100 nights, with a full refund if you're not satisfied. There's also a 10-year guarantee and the option of interest free credit for up to 12 months. Leesa also run a programme to help improve communities around the United States, and donate 1 mattress for every 10 they sell.
Which mattress is best for me?
Both mattresses offer appealing factors, but here are some points to consider when deciding which best meets your requirements.
We'd recommend this mattress if:
- You don't mind a lack of edge support and aren't of a heavier build.
- You want a medium firmness mattress, which provides good feel, comfort and support to most sleepers.
- You want a mattress with little motion transfer.
We'd recommend this mattress if:
- You want a high quality mattress for a budget price. The Leesa performs well against far more expensive mattresses, such as Tempur.
- You want a mattress that keeps you cool. The airflow of the top layer, combined with the breathable cover makes for exceptional cooling.
- You want a mattress that is equally comfortable in any sleeping position.
- You like a light bounce across the mattress, helping to keep it comfortable and responsive.